Born in Spain, 1963 // Lives in New York City
My paintings are visual poems that express moments through color and gesture.
I have been for decades exploring how paint on a canvas or paper can elicit experiences that we also encounter when we visually and emotionally interact with nature and our physical environments that speak to us at a personal level. Some paintings remind me of particular places, specific times, or societal concerns of the moment; when that happens I usually make note of it in the titles.
Art has the capacity to transport us to new or old places, provide new experiences and explore new dimensions. The aim is to make it exceptional and meaningful.
- Master of Fine Arts | Long Island University, C.W. Post | Brookville, NY 1993-1995
- Bachelor of Fine Arts | Rutgers University, Mason Gross School of the Arts | New Brunswick, NJ 1982-1986
- Architecture | New Jersey Institute of Technology | Newark, NJ 1981-1982
Selected Group Exhibitions
- “LICA @ Atlantic 2020” | Atlantic Gallery, Chelsea, NY | Upcoming-November 2020
- “Artists Navigating 2020” | Plaxall Gallery, Long Island City, NY | September – December 2020
- “LiC-A Spring 2020” | Online | Spring 2020
- “LICA @ Atlantic VI Artists” | Atlantic Gallery, Chelsea, NY | February 2020
- “Off The Wall II” | Plaxall Gallery, Long Island City, NY | December 2019
- “Creative Mosaic – Artists Working in Queens” | Plaxall Gallery, Long Island CIty, NY | September 2019
- Helio Galleries, Soho, NY | 1989
- Ape Gallery, Soho, NY | 1989
- Hillwood Art Museum, Brookville, NY | 1995
- Grant Gallery, Soho, NY | 1999
- Instituto Cervantes, New York, NY | September 1987
- John Allan’s Downtown, Tribeca, NY | October – November 2019
- Instituto Cervantes, New York, NY | Acquired 1987
Publications and Media
- Boletín Cultural – Consulado Español | September 1987
Members of the following organizations